Principal Tower is the landmark apartment tower within Principal Place, a new mixed-use development on the edge of the City of London in the borough of Hackney – at 175 metres, it will be one of London’s tallest residential buildings. The relationship between the creative, formerly industrial east end and Britain’s financial centre is expressed in the tower’s massing, which appears as three slim volumes. Where the tower addresses the residential neighbourhood of Shoreditch, it appears lower from ground level, while from the west it reflects the high-rise nature of the City. A central volume rises up between the two to provide an elegant marker on the skyline.
Media Control Management’s works included
- Validation of ER’s to MEPH sub-contractors design review.
- Commissioning-ability studies on MEPH installation schematics.
- Review of commissioning documentation.
- Witness commissioning contractor’s activities on behalf of MEPH contractor.
- Representative of MEPH contractor during demonstration to Client.
- Cause & Effects verification on behalf of MEPH contractor.